Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New DIY

Happy New Year! 2011 is finally here and yes, that's the year that I get married:) New Year's Eve was nothing grand, watched a movie and relaxed, which is what I needed. I really do not have a new years resolution but I have a few goals, is that the same thing? First and foremost, I need to work on relaxing and not stressing out so much. Second, I want to be heathly and active. A friend and I are going to be work out buddy's and help eachother stay motivated and get active. We are meeting on Thursday to set a game plan and maybe play "Just Dance" on the Wii.

Wedding related, not that much to report. I couldn't sleep on night a couple weeks back and decided to design the STD's. I am very proud of myself. I can't believe I did it all by myself, well and the help of my knotties:) I knew I wanted a calendar STD with a picture of FI and me. After searching designs I found a few that I really liked. The overall process was hard but still easier then I thought it would be. I used Publisher to design them. I first broke the design into 4 text boxes and went from there. The first one I designed was simple and clean but FI wasn't crazy about the colors so I changed it. Here is the first one:


Please excuse my my bad paint job to block out the last names:)Now the final product...

The back has our wedding website and a nice quote that I used to fill some space. I made it looked faded in the back ground. The quote is:
The day is fast approaching
and we can hardly wait
we want you to be with us
so please be sure to save the date!

I think it was a nice touch and filled the empty space. I uploaded the images to Vista Prints, used the 100 free postcards and paid for express shipping(because I could want to see them), the total was $24. The next test is to mail one to myself and make sure that any sort of printing the post office does on the postcard doesn't cover up the wedding website. Wish me luck!

Happy New year...Now time to get some DIY done!

No comments:

Post a Comment